The Volgograd State Medical University located in VOLGOGRAD was founded in 1935 and started as Stalingrad Medical Institute. In 1993 it got the status of the Academy, and in 2003 it was granted the status of the University. It is currently headed by the prominent Russian scientist, Academician of the Russian Academy for Medical Sciences, Professor Vladimir I. Petrov.
The Volgograd State Medical University is listed in The World Directory of Medical Schools WHO list of world medical schools and also in the International Medical education directory provided by FAIMER thus is recognized by MCI India. The Volgograd State Medical University has built up relationships and ties with numerous foreign universities. Volgograd Medical University has also been collaborating with the World Federation for Medical Education, World Health Organisation (WHO), UNESCO, British Council, United States Agency for International Development.
Volgograd State Medical University gained a very high rank among the Russian medical universities. Since it was founded, the University has attracted highly qualified staff with experience of teaching in many regions of the world. Nowadays the teaching staff of the University numbers 763 highly qualified professors and instructors with 11 academicians, 96 professors, and 401 associate professors among them. Most of them have Ph. D.s or more advanced degrees. The academic programs are run by 66 departments of the University.
At present, about 10000 citizens of Russia and countries of the former Soviet Union and 900 international students from India and 70 other foreign countries attend the University. About 70 overseas doctors are engaged in postgraduate study at the university every year. The Volgograd medical university has been training international students since 1962. Over this period 3000 physicians, dentists, pediatricians, and pharmacists have been trained for foreign countries.
The process of getting admission in Russia for MBBS is very simple. Russian Medical Universities do not require Indian students to pass any entrance exam for admission to MBBS Course in Russia. Admissions are based on the marks obtained in the Higher Secondary Certificate Examination (intermediate). The candidate must also fulfill the admission guidelines of the Russian medical University and NEET-UG eligibility criteria set by the Medical Council of India.
Eligibility for admission in Russia (MBBS/BDS):
Applications for admission in Russia for MBBS usually start from 1st June every year. The application form filing period is 1st June to 30th November. All applications must be submitted by November 30. We advise students to make an early application because there is a large number of applicants and seats are limited. Admissions are given strictly on a first come first served basis and depend on availability. Therefore, there is an added benefit to those applicants who apply early.
The academic year in Russia has two semesters. The first semester in Russian medical universities begins in September and ends in January. The second semester begins in February and ends in June. At the end of each semester, students are passing exams. After this, they have holidays: 2 weeks in winter (from 25th of January to 9th of February), 2 months in summer (from 1st of July to 30th of August).
Here is the step-by-step admission guidance on how an Indian student can apply for admission to Russian Medical college.
1. Visit or call any of our offices/representatives for free counseling for admission. There you will be provided information regarding Russian medical universities, eligibility criteria, MBBS fee structure, admission procedure, and facilitation fees of Continental Education Consultants. The students and parents need to understand all the information about Universities, studying and living costs in Russia.
2. Once the student has satisfied with all the merits and demerits of studying in Russia, The student should submit a duly filled in admission form along with scanned copies of class 10th & 12th certificates and mark sheets. (Email: email@example.com )
At this primary stage, the student has to pay an application/registration fee of RS. 20,000, either through a Demand Draft favoring Continental Education payable at Delhi/New Delhi OR you can Bank Transfer the said amount to the company account.
3. After you’ve paid the application fee and submitted your application, you’ll receive a confirmation email. Once this is complete your application is forwarded to the concerned University. Within two weeks university will issue an admission/acceptance letter confirming the reservation of the seat. This letter of admission is then given to the student. At this time, the student has to pay Rs. 30,000.
4. Next, we will apply for the VISA INVITATION LETTER which is an official document issued by the Ministry of Foreign affairs of the Russian federation. Seeking the Invitation letter is a tedious task and it takes somewhere around one month. (at this stage student should submit his original Passport).
5. Next, after receiving the INVITATION LETTER and Original Passport, CEC will apply for a student VISA from the Russian embassy. Once the visa is ready, the student is informed about the date of travel. The student shall make arrangements to take necessary foreign exchange (US Dollars) for the University tuition fees and living expenses. All original documents including passport, visa, and certificates are given back to the student. At this time, the student has to pay Rs. 40,000.
6. By this time, the students should start preparing for their travel to Russia. Besides, a checklist of necessary instructions and essential items will also be provided to the traveling students.
7. The students will also need to ensure that all the necessary documents are collected as such documents will need to be presented at the university office on their arrival.
8. On their arrival to Moscow, the students will be received by our representative who will guide them from the Airport to the University Hostel. The next day, the representative will help them to pay the college fees and Administrative fees in the university, wherein you will be joining the course of MBBS. The student will not have any problem because he/she will be guided until the complete admission process is done. We will accompany the young learners at every step on foreign soil.
Since 2000 the Volgograd State Medical University has got an opportunity to teach MBBS program to foreign students in the English medium. Students from 70 countries of Europe, Asia, Latin America have studied at our Academy. Over this period 2500 general practitioners, dentists, and pediatricians have been trained for foreign countries. Admission to MBBS in Volgograd state medical university is on the basis of first come first served.
The university is known to have quality education and a low fee structure. The tuition fee for MBBS in Volgograd state medical university is 5700 US$ per year (English medium) and 3500 US$ for Russian Medium. Living costs for international students studying MBBS in Volgograd have been estimated at US$ 100 to US$ 150 per month which includes food, communication, and travel expenses. The academic year starts from the first day of September each year and this year is segregated into two semesters. The duration of the MBBS Course is of 6 years. Postgraduate courses are of duration three years. After completion of the undergraduate program, students are awarded an MD degree, which is equivalent to MBBS awarded by the Indian colleges.
• College of General Medicine (MBBS)
• College of Dentistry
• College of Pediatrics
• College of Pharmacy
• College of Medical Biochemistry
• College of Social Work and Clinical Psychology
• Department for International Students
• College for Postgraduate and Continuous Education
Volgograd Medical University has 7 student hostels. There is separate accommodation for Indian boys and girls. University hostels offer shared and private rooms. In both cases, you can generally count on about 9 square meters of personal space furnished with a bed, table, and cabinet. In the dorm or nearby there are also generally cafeterias, snack bars, and/or cafes. The campus is Wi-Fi enabled and students can avail free internet. Student life at the Volgograd State Medical University and also the City of Volgograd itself is friendly has multiple interesting possibilities, and can be quite enjoyable. The University encourages students to celebrate their national festivals. Spectacular performances with folk songs and dances which are part of such celebration are admired by both students and academic staff.
|VOLGOGRAD STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, RUSSIA||TUITION FEE / YEAR||HOSTEL FEE / YEAR||TOTAL FEES FOR ONE YEAR||TOTAL FEES FOR SIX YEARS|
|FEES IN US DOLLARS||5700 US Dollars||550 US Dollars||6250 US Dollars||37,500 US Dollars|
|FEES IN INDIAN RUPEES (1USD= 70 Rupees)||RS 3,99,000||RS 38,000 / yr.||RS 4,37,000 /yr.||RS 26,25,000|
1 US Dollar = 70 Rupees( approx.)