This basic safety training program includes the following:
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities (PSSR)Will gain knowledge and skills of Safe working practices, precautions to prevent pollution of marine environment, comply with emergency procedure, and contribute to effective human relationships and understanding the cause of fatigue.
- Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting (FPFF)Will gain knowledge and skills to understand and minimise the risk of fire, personal safety requirement in using fire fighting equipment.
- Elementary First Aid (EFA)Will gain knowledge on how to apply elementary first aid techniques and understands what to do in case of any medical emergency.
- Personal Survival Techniques (PST)Will gain knowledge on the survival equipment used, principles of survival, understands how to abandon ship, how to survive in water and how to use survival craft during a maritime emergency.
Aspiring seafarers should possess
- Secondary school certificate (Passed Xth Mark sheet / Leaving)
- Original valid passport (Authority page, photograph page & address page).
- Has to be Medically fit as per the standards set by M. S. Medical Examination Rules, 2000.
Age criteria: Min. 18 Years
- Original & Photocopy of Xth Mark Sheet
- Original & Photocopy of Valid Passport
- 2 Passport size colour Photographs
100% attendance is required for successful completion of the course.